Early this year I was thinking to get the ACP – 100 Jira Administrator certificate. Now it is close to the end of this financial year, and I still have not done it yet. May be it is the time for another 2 weeks challenge like the one I did last year.
Advanced User Features (5% – 10%)
- Given a business requirement, create, translate, critique, and optimize JQL queries. (Reference: Advanced searching, Search Jira like a boss with JQL,
- Demonstrate the benefits and best practices for configuring filter subscriptions. (Reference:
- Describe the results and implications of a bulk operation. (References: Bulk editing issues)
- Describe the pre-requisites for and the results of a CSV import. (References: Importing data from CSV)
Configuring Global Settings, Layout, Design, and User Communications. (5%- 10%)
- Modify Jira configuration settings to match the organization’s requirements (look and feel, logo, website links in the application navigator, default language). (References: Config Jira look and feel, general and advanced settings)
- Judge the appropriate content for the system dashboard, user/team dashboards, and filter columns for an organization. (References: system/default dashboard, issue navigator)
- Determine appropriate methods for communicating information to users.
- Determine which global settings to modify to meet provided business requirements (attachment options, issue links, time tracking, subtasks, white list, general configuration). (References: issue linking, white listing, time tracking, subtasks)
Application and Project Access and Permissions (15% – 20%)
- Determine the appropriate use of application access, groups, roles and permissions.
- Identify and troubleshoot user settings, user profiles and permissions.
- Given a scenario, recommend the appropriate configuration of user and project permissions, roles and group membership.
- Given a scenario, determine the impact of deleting/deactivating a user/group.
- Determine if and how issue-level security should be configured in a project.
General project configuration (10% – 15%)
- Describe the appropriate use of general project settings (key, category etc.).
- Determine whether to modify an existing project, and/or create a new project to meet business requirements.
- Determine whether to use an existing project template, and/or modify project schemes to meet business requirements.
- Describe the appropriate use of components and versions.
- Determine which project activities should be delegated to the project administrators.
- Evaluate project role membership requirements.
Authentication and Security (5 % – 10%)
- Evaluate the appropriate method of authentication and sign-up.
- Determine the appropriate password policy to be applied.
- Assess whether or not Jira is appropriately secured.
Issue types, fields and screens (15% – 20%)
- Given a scenario, identify and implement appropriate changes to built-in fields including statuses, resolutions, priorities, translations, and issue types.
- Identify the appropriate issue type configurations to satisfy business requirements.
- Given a scenario, determine the effects of modifying active issue types and schemes.
- Determine the correct configuration of a field, field context, field configuration (scheme) and screens (schemes).
- Troubleshoot the correct configuration of a field, field context, field configuration (scheme) and screens (schemes).
Workflows (5% – 10%)
- Describe core workflow functionality (triggers, conditions, validators, post- functions, events, properties) and map workflows to issue types.
- Given business requirements, create new workflows and/or implement appropriate changes to existing workflows and schemes.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot workflow configurations.
Setting up Notifications and Email (5% – 10%)
- Determine an appropriate notification scheme/configuration including events.
- Troubleshoot a notification scheme/configuration including events.
- Identify and troubleshoot the appropriate configuration of an Incoming Mail Handler.
Jira Server Administration (10% – 15%)
- Recognize the benefits of having production and non-production instances.
- Given a scenario, recommend whether or not to upgrade and determine the effects of roll-back.
- Evaluate the need for re-indexing following a set of modifications, and explain the effects of re-indexing.
- Troubleshoot application-level problems with Jira (logging and profiling) and escalate when appropriate.
- Identify and troubleshoot the appropriate configuration of an outgoing email server.
- Given a workflow, describe which attributes will and will not be imported/exported.
- Given a scenario, assess the impact of user directory order and configuration.
Administering and Extending Jira (5% – 10%)
- Compare and contrast the different hosting options of Jira.
- Demonstrate how to appropriately configure issue collectors.
- Demonstrate how to appropriately use the features of the universal plug-in manager (UPM).