There are two ways to manage TSM server: Command line or GUI.
1) If you use command line which I think is the better way. You need to install the Administrative client.
Double click ‘C:\TSM_Images\TSM_BA_Client_184.108.40.206\setup.exe’
Make sure you enable ‘Administrative Client Command Line’.
2) Configure the client option file.
Copy ‘C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\config\dsm.smp’ to ‘C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\’ and rename it to dsm.opt. Add the following two lines into the file.
3) Launch the Administrative Command line from the Start menu.
Type ‘admin1’ and the password
3) Register the license by running ‘register license file=tsmee.lic’
You can run a few command to check your settings.
The GUI management tool is called ‘Administration Center’ which is web based.
1) Double click ‘C:\TSM_Images\TSM_Administration_Center_6.3\install.exe’
type the username and password, this is the admin for the GUI tool.
2) After the installation completed. Type ‘https://TSM_Sandbox:16310/ibm/console/login.do?action=secure’ in the Internet Browser, and login with the account created above.
6 thoughts on “TSM 6.3: Install Server Part 2”
Your licence installation and validation need to be corrected, you need to install license from CD or downloaded software using Base TSM 6.3.0.000 installation, then patch to 6.3.1.000, then restart TSM server, else you get the message you are getting above ANR9638W License registration is not supported on this server, in addition this is may be to issues with license files or its dependencies not found
Thanks Mark! Good observation. I did install 6.3.1 instead of upgrading from 6.3.0. In such case, should I uninstall 6.3.1 and start from scratch – install 6.3.0 then upgrade to 6.3.1? or there are some other workarounds?
I have figured the issue out. The ‘adsmlicn.dll’ file was missed. After copied it over and re-register again. There are no any errors. Thanks again for catching this.
Hello Jackie, pls were exactly am is the location of the file “adsmlicn.dll”.
my server is giving this error ” ANR9632I Cannot load licensing DLL library: ADSMLICN.DLL :
the server will assume evaluation licensing mode.
pls help out.thanks
It is in the media TSM_Server_220.127.116.11\COI\PackageSteps\TSM_License\FILES\TIV-TSMLIC-Windows\program files\Tivoli\TSM\server\adsmlicn.dll
Can you please help out with the steps to configuring Lanfree on TSM for exchange server.Thanks